Hector Lombard [Fighter]

Bellator Fighting Championships

Hector Lombard [Fighter]

Indlægaf Iron » 4. dec 2011, 20:12

Nogen der ved om han er på vej til UFC, eller hvad han er.?? Synes det en ok record, og en grusom højre/KO.. Og han gør det sgu godt i Ballator, i øjeblikket.. Vil gerne se ham i UFC i MW klassen..

'
Iron

Graduering på forum
Graduering på forum

Geografisk sted: Nordjylland
Har takket: 0 gang
Blevet takket: 0 gang
Favorit Fighter: The Diaz, Sonnen, Maynard, Hendo, Penn, Kampmann.

Re: Hector Lombard [Fighter]

Indlægaf TheWulf » 4. dec 2011, 20:20

Hvis han skal til UFC, så skal det være snart. Han er ikke ung længere og har ikke ligefrem mødt toppen af poppen. Hans manager siger en gang i mellem at han er den bedste MW i verden, hvilket hvert fald ikke passer.
TheWulf

Geografisk sted: Aarhus
Favorit Fighter: BJ Penn, Benson, Takanori Gomi

Indlægaf Iron » 8. mar 2012, 19:49

Iron

Graduering på forum
Graduering på forum

Geografisk sted: Nordjylland
Favorit Fighter: The Diaz, Sonnen, Maynard, Hendo, Penn, Kampmann.

Indlægaf TheWulf » 18. apr 2012, 23:14

http://www.cagedinsider.com/ufc/hector- ... n-the-ufc/

“We’ve received the final proposed UFC agreement from Hector’s attorney, and right now we are in the process of reviewing it to determine whether we’re going to match the agreement. Obviously, we have a huge event coming up Friday. As soon as that is over, we will sit down with our partners and go through the UFC contract line-for-line and make a strategic decision whether we’re going to match it or pass. [If we pass, we will] wish him the best and let him go knock out everybody in the UFC.”
TheWulf

Indlægaf TheWulf » 24. apr 2012, 22:00

Mike Chiappetta fra mmafighting.com skriver på twitter at Lombard til UFC er en færdig aftale. Nice!
TheWulf

Indlægaf kristoffer » 25. apr 2012, 09:54

So we're throwing spinning shit now?!
Træner i FMMA.dk
Brugeravatar
kristoffer

Graduering på forum
Graduering på forum

Geografisk sted: Frederikshavn
Favorit Fighter: Martin, Andy, Roger Gracie, JDS, Machida, Aldo

Indlægaf Desji » 25. apr 2012, 17:15

Lombard vs. Palhares... Make it happen!
Desji

Graduering på forum
Graduering på forum

Geografisk sted: Mikenta
Favorit Fighter: Mauricio "Shogun" Rua

Indlægaf a2zinck » 25. apr 2012, 17:44

Billede
Brugeravatar
a2zinck

Blevet takket: 1 gang
Favorit Fighter: Cigano, Baby Jay, Benson, The Spider

Hector Lombard [Fighter]

Indlægaf Ryom » 25. apr 2012, 18:47

Han skal bare være glad for han nu har dodget Parlo :D
Ryom

Graduering på forum
Graduering på forum

Geografisk sted: Aalborg
Favorit Fighter: Fedor, Velasquez, BJ Penn, Dominick Cruz

Indlægaf a2zinck » 27. apr 2012, 13:36

Flere eksperter peger på Brian Stann:
MMAfighting.com skrev:"Who should welcome Hector Lombard to UFC?

Chiappetta: As far as I'm concerned, there's only one obvious answer here: Brian Stann. The two match up perfectly in several ways. For one, Stann is free; he's not tied up in any upcoming fight. For another, their styles will no doubt add up to a barnburner. For those who haven't seen him, Lombard usually competes with maximum aggression. That will play nicely with Stann's willingness to put his head down and slug it out. Both guys have huge KO power. Finally, they're both top 10 fighters.

But the most important part of making the matchup is to set him on a path towards the championship quickly. Lombard is 34 years old, so he's not the type of guy who should sit around fighting marginal contenders. Either he's going to sink or swim at the top of the division, and a matchup against the respected and popular Stann will help to figure that out quickly. If he wins, he'll get instant respect from many in the UFC fan base who don't watch fights outside of the octagon. And if he loses, well, then those who've criticized the opponents he's mauled during a 25-fight unbeaten streak will have their bragging rights.

Thomas: Stann's a good choice for all the reasons Mike mentions, but more so than anything else because of the timing. I doubt Lombard is overly eager to wait for Tim Boetsch and Michael Bisping to duke it out on July 7th so he can get the winner three months after that point. It'd be a huge layoff for him and as Mike rightly points out, the Cuban-born judoka is 34. If he's going to make waves in the UFC, he's going to make them now.

Still, Stann is 1-1 in his last two fights. Lombard is unbeaten since 2006. Lombard hasn't faced the same sort of elite competition Stann has, but going unbeaten for as long as Lombard did is no easy feat. Plus, he enters the UFC as a now former champion from another organization. Bellator is not the same as Strikeforce was at its peak, but former PRIDE and Strikeforce champions have been jumped to the front of the contenders line when they've matriculated to the UFC. I'm not the biggest fan of making Lombard wait for a fight, but he deserves someone a tad higher in the rankings. I think that guy is Vitor Belfort.

The fight would be fun for virtually all of the same reasons the Stann fight would be. Belfort is explosive, powerful, battle-tested and matches up against Lombard in an extraordinarily fan-friendly way. It's true Belfort has to get past Wanderlei Silva in late June, so it's not automatic Belfort is the guy and the timing isn't ideal. But a Belfort vs. Lombard fight would be unreal for the action it could deliver and the winner would arguably be next in line for a title shot. Let's follow existing precedent and give Lombard the kind of fight he deserves. By placing him across the Octagon from Belfort, you also please the fans and help further sort divisional hierarchy. That's probably enough of a reason to overlook the less than perfect timing."
Brugeravatar
a2zinck

Indlægaf Desji » 28. apr 2012, 16:12

Stann og Belfort er nok de hårdeste matchups for ham i divisionen. Straight beats round og både Stann og Belfort har lavet karriere på at kontrabokse brawlere ned langs midten. Spørgsmålet er så om han går til sin Judo, men med Stann eller Belfort får du ikke chancen for at lave fejl og så rette din gameplan ind bagefter. Tror Lombard ville blive Knocked i begge matchups medmindre han finder på noget helt andet end han hidtil har vist...
Desji

Graduering på forum
Graduering på forum

Geografisk sted: Mikenta
Favorit Fighter: Mauricio "Shogun" Rua

Indlægaf Anto1400 » 28. apr 2012, 19:26

Tror Belfort er værst for ham, kunne godt se ham slå Stann, men Belfort er bare hurtig. Speed kills
Anto1400

Graduering på forum
Graduering på forum

Favorit Fighter: Rich Franklin og Martin Kampmann

Indlægaf a2zinck » 4. maj 2012, 22:27

Dana White bliver spurgt til, om Lombard vil tjene et titleshot mod Anderson, hvis han vinder over Stann i sin debut:

D.W. via MMAfighting.com skrev:"Yeah, it would make sense. The guy has won, I think it’s 25 fights in a row or something like that. If he comes right into the UFC, main events and knocks out Stann, it makes sense."
Brugeravatar
a2zinck

Tilbage til Bellator