Strikeforce [Generelt]

Strikeforce

Re: Strikeforce [Generelt]

Indlægaf KoreaNinja » 24. feb 2012, 05:19

Smid folk som Maynard og Penn til Strikeforce for en tid. Det er det eneste som giver mening.
KoreaNinja

Graduering på forum
Graduering på forum

Har takket: 0 gang
Blevet takket: 0 gang
Favorit Fighter: BJ Penn!

Indlægaf TheWulf » 28. mar 2012, 15:25

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/3/27/29 ... eaction-to

“King” Mo Lawal’s day just went from bad to truly awful. After being fined and suspended by the Nevada State Athletic Commission in a hearing on Tuesday afternoon, the former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion has been released from the organization. The news was first reported by MMAJunkie.com, and confirmed by Lawal’s manager, Mike Kogan, to MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani.

In a brief statement over email, Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker wrote only, "Following the outcome of today's hearing with the Nevada State Athletic Commission and his subsequent reaction, STRIKEFORCE has released Muhammad Lawal from his contract."

When reached for comment on Tuesday evening, Lawal told MMA Fighting that he thought his comments on Twitter aimed at NSAC commissioner Pat Lundvall were the root cause of his release.

In a tweet that has since been deleted, Lawal referred to Lundvall as a “racist b--ch” for asking him if he could speak and read English when he filled out the pre-fight questionnaire. The commission suggested that Lawal hadn’t been forthcoming in his answers about injuries and medications he’d taken before the fight, and the accusation bothered him, as he told MMA Fighting earlier today.

On Tuesday evening Lawal explained his Twitter reaction, saying, “When I showed up to the hearing, I proved that I can speak and I can read. I don’t know when, but she got mad at me, got irritated, and was like, ‘Look, can you speak and read English?’ Now to me, that’s an insult.”

He added, “Growing up through high school and college, I’d get asked, ‘Do you speak English instead of jive? Do you speak English instead of ebonics?’ For a grown woman to talk to me like that, knowing I’m a college graduate, born in America? I grew up in the south, in Tennessee, went to Oklahoma State, traveled the world, and for her to talk to me like that, that’s disrespectful.”

Earlier on Tuesday, the NSAC voted to suspend Lawal for nine months and fine him a total of $39,000 for his positive drug test for the steroid drostanolone following his win over Lorenz Larkin in a Strikeforce event on Jan. 7. The suspension is retroactive to the date of the fight, leaving him eligible to re-apply for licensing in September of 2012.
TheWulf

Geografisk sted: Aarhus
Favorit Fighter: BJ Penn, Benson, Takanori Gomi

Indlægaf kristoffer » 28. mar 2012, 16:44

Bye Bye Mo.
So we're throwing spinning shit now?!
Træner i FMMA.dk
Brugeravatar
kristoffer

Graduering på forum
Graduering på forum

Geografisk sted: Frederikshavn
Favorit Fighter: Martin, Andy, Roger Gracie, JDS, Machida, Aldo

Indlægaf a2zinck » 20. maj 2012, 23:26

Feijao kan meget vel rende ind i Mousasi, som er ved at være sin skade kvit.

Scott Coker reveals Gegard Mousasi will probably face Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcate next
Scott Coker skrev:“I think the likely candidate you’ll see in the future at some point (for Cavalcante) is Gegard Mousasi. When that fight happens happen’s, I’m not sure – or if it all – but I think it’s a natural progression for ‘Feijao.’”

Og så skal Marquardt og Woodley kæmpe om det ledige WW bælte, som Nick Diaz efterlod sig. WAR Marquardt!

Nate Marquardt vs. Tyron Woodley will officially be for the vacant Strikeforce welterweight title on July 14th in Portland, Oregon

Jeg savner efterhånden at høre om de langsigtede planer med Strikeforce. Man har indtrykket af, at de langsomt lukker ned, hvilket gør deres titelkampe ret ligeygyldige. Har I andre hørt noget :?:
Brugeravatar
a2zinck

Blevet takket: 1 gang
Favorit Fighter: Cigano, Baby Jay, Benson, The Spider

Indlægaf TheWulf » 20. maj 2012, 23:54

Indtil videre kører det som normalt (dog uden HW-division) indtil Showtime dealen er ovre; derefter ser de på det.

Der vil dog være en HW-kamp mere åbenbart.
TheWulf

Indlægaf a2zinck » 10. jun 2012, 13:32

Daley er - efter eget ønske - blevet fritstillet:

Paul “Semtex” Daley released by Strikeforce upon request
“I’m happy that Strikeforce has granted my request to be released from their roster as I found it difficult to fight so infrequently. My whole career I’ve wanted to fight as often as possible as it keeps me in the best form and condition.”

“I felt that I put on nothing but entertaining fights while at the organization. The KOs of (Duane) Ludwig and Scott Smith were some great memories for me, as well as the back-and-forth fight of the year I had with Nick Diaz. My manager has already started speaking to some promotions about my future today following the official release papers from Strikeforce, and I’m looking forward to the next part in my journey.”

Ser vi ham nogensinde tilbage i UFC? I doubt it.
Brugeravatar
a2zinck

Indlægaf a2zinck » 15. jul 2012, 23:21

Showtime har tilsyneladende en deal med Zuffa, der indeholder en liste af navne, som ikke kan rykke fra Strikeforce til UFC:

Ronda Rousey, Gilbert Melendez and Luke Rockhold reportedly bound to Strikeforce
"They made this list of guys and they said 'these are our guys' and, even if their contract expires, they can't move to UFC. That's part of their deal with keeping this alive. So these guys are stuck. ... He [Gilbert Melendez] couldn't go to UFC. He could go to Bellator if he wanted to, but he couldn't go to the UFC. ... There's a list of guys, not everyone on Showtime is on the list, but Ronda Rousey is on the list, Gilbert Melendez is on the list, Luke Rockhold is on the list... It's for as long as Showtime broadcasts MMA."

Man kan næsten ikke bebrejde Showtime for at værne om sit produkt, men det er eddermame surt show for kæmpere som Melendez og Rockhold, der ikke har mulighed for at teste sig mod de bedste i sporten - i UFC.

Fail! Hvorfor indgår man dog sådan en aftale? :fubar:
Brugeravatar
a2zinck

Indlægaf a2zinck » 17. jul 2012, 00:21

Ok. Dana hævder, at Melzer (ovenfor) taler usandt:
D.W. via The Underground skrev:"idk wtf melzers problem is! Has this guy lost his mind? That is absolutely not true! Dave has lost his mind!! Now he is just making sh*t up."
Brugeravatar
a2zinck

Indlægaf TheWulf » 17. jul 2012, 00:31

Lederen af Showtimes sportsafdeling har også afvist det på The MMA Hour i dag.
TheWulf

Indlægaf a2zinck » 19. jul 2012, 11:51

TheWulf skrev:Lederen af Showtimes sportsafdeling har også afvist det på The MMA Hour i dag.

Ja, her er hans ord:

Espinoza via The MMA Hour skrev:"That roster of talent at the point we entered into the contract is attached to our contract informationally. But all this stuff about controlling people when they're free agents and things like that, that's not true. We've got an arrangement with Strikeforce that gives us rights to Strikeforce fights while they have those fighters under contract to Strikeforce. Beyond that, the short answer is, that's sort of an issue in the contract between Strikeforce and the fighters. Not us. We're not privy to that stuff."

Espinoza via The MMA Hour skrev:"Putting it in context, that's the case for all other MMA promotions, that's the case for all other professional sports. If you're under contract in MLS you can't go sign in the European league. If you're under contract in the NBA, you can't go sign in another league while you're under contract with the NBA. It's the same thing. While you're under contract to Strikeforce, you can't go sign a contract with another organization."
Brugeravatar
a2zinck

Indlægaf F.S.B. » 20. jul 2012, 23:55

Det lader til at Cormiers dage er talte.

Beast mode

Spoiler: Vis

Bwahahaha.
Brugeravatar
F.S.B.

Graduering på forum
Graduering på forum

Geografisk sted: Ama'r
Favorit Fighter: Sakuraba, CM Punk