Overeem/Golden Glory cutted

Strikeforce

Re: Overeem cutted af Strikeforce?

Indlægaf DavidA » 5. aug 2011, 18:34

Ja, tror bare der er mere til det. Men det er måske bare mig og mine konspirationsteorier. :)
MMA: A sport for Hemmingways in a culture of Dr. Phils.
DavidA

Graduering på forum
Graduering på forum

Har takket: 0 gang
Blevet takket: 0 gang

Indlægaf a2zinck » 5. aug 2011, 19:04

Coenen giver ikke meget for Dana's forklaring. Seneste check er også skrevet direkte til hende:

Billede

http://twitpic.com/6113vq

coenen skrev:@danawhite hurts me 2 hear things about my management that are not true.
Brugeravatar
a2zinck

Geografisk sted: Aarhus
Blevet takket: 1 gang
Favorit Fighter: Cigano, Baby Jay, Benson, The Spider

Indlægaf TheWulf » 6. aug 2011, 01:11

Jeg ved nu ikke hvor meget det billede beviser. Det er ord imod ord.
TheWulf

Favorit Fighter: BJ Penn, Benson, Takanori Gomi

Indlægaf F.S.B. » 6. aug 2011, 01:51

Det kan da umuligt bare være ord mod ord når der netop er blevet smidt bevismateriale på bordet. :P

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24695/despite-coenens-claims-of-white-untruths-ufc-boss-stands-by-initial-claims.mma

Ifølge Dana blev både Coenen og Einemo betalt direkte for deres sidste kampe. Dog ikke med Golden Glorys gode vilje, så han slap hele banden løs i stedet for konstant at skulle tvinges til at vride armen om på deres management. Det' noget underligt noed'. Håber lidt at GG kommer krybende tilbage med halen mellem benene; man vil jo gerne se dem kæmpe.
Brugeravatar
F.S.B.

Graduering på forum
Graduering på forum

Geografisk sted: Ama'r
Favorit Fighter: Sakuraba, CM Punk

Indlægaf graungaard » 6. aug 2011, 15:15

det da også mærkeligt golden glory heller ser sin fightere fyret fra UFC inde at lade dem betale kæmpene direkte.. :?: :?
Chuck Norris can kill 2 stones with 1 bird...
Brugeravatar
graungaard

Graduering på forum
Graduering på forum

Geografisk sted: Vejle
Favorit Fighter: Martin Kampmann. Ole B laursen

Indlægaf TheWulf » 6. aug 2011, 18:53

TheWulf skrev:Jeg ved nu ikke hvor meget det billede beviser. Det er ord imod ord.

Ja, der er skrevet en check til hende. Men problemet var jo, at GG vil kræver, efter kontrakten er skrevet, at de skal skrives til GG (eller hvem det nu er). De kan ikke enes om dette, derfor ender Zuffa samarbejdet.

Jeg er fuld og har citeret forkert. I ved hvad jeg mener. Håber jeg.
TheWulf

Indlægaf a2zinck » 11. aug 2011, 16:04

Golden Glory manager forstår ikke, hvor problemet er opstået.

Golden Glory management regrets situation with Zuffa, willing to entertain an exclusive UFC deal for Alistair Overeem
Bas Boon skrev:“I understand this from a business point of few, but some companies can’t effort to pay 100K or more to an organization. And some fighters getting 5 or 10K in sponsorship is were they actually can make some good money. We just wanted the things as they were before, but it was far from what it was before. The payment was done how the UFC wanted and again we agreed and did the same as in Vancouver, so that matter was solved , so I do not understand why Dana claims we did not agree?”

“We did not have a choice and never said we would not fight in the future or that we would refuse to work like this in the future (we worked out that problem with the Zuffa lawyer in the Vancouver and even agreed with their new sponsor policies). Maybe there is a miscommunication and Danna was not well informed that the direct payment issue was solved and no longer an issue as I myself have been in and out hospital for two weeks because of heath issues ( the reason why this press release is so late).”

“Anyway we regret the response from Zuffa and the releases, but it is their company and they can do what they want, we would like to keep working in the future with the UFC and with this statement I clearly say that direct payment to any of our fighter was not a problem and will not be a problem in the future.”

“We just want to be able to produce great fighters and create great fights for the fans, we have no intention for Co-promotion deals and are even willing to make an exclusive deal for Alistair Overeem to fight in the UFC, if the terms are right.”
Brugeravatar
a2zinck

Re: Overeem/Golden Glory cutted

Indlægaf TheWulf » 13. aug 2011, 22:18

Lidt nyt...

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/8/13/23 ... y-bas-boon

The story continues. When we last left off the ongoing saga of the UFC and Strikeforce firings of fighters from the Golden Glory gym, Golden Glory's Bas Boon made his first public statement on the issue. Boon made it clear that he was ready to renegotiate and accept the payment terms of the UFC and Strikeforce, and that they still wanted to get Alistair Overeem into the UFC.

Now, Dana White has responded, and he's very clear - Golden Glory did refuse to work with them on the payment issue, but if they are now willing to compromise, Dana is ready to work out a deal to get Golden Glory fighters back into the UFC and Strikeforce. Here's his direct response to Boon, courtesy of an interview with Ariel Helwani conducted in the lead up to UFC on Versus 5. Transcription comes via MMA Mania:

"I'm not trying to fight with Bas Boon. I don't dislike Bas Boon or any of the Golden Glory guys. There's never been some kind of situation where there was some kind of fight between us and Golden Glory. I have no resentment whatsoever towards Golden Glory. I've seen Bas Boon a million times. He's a nice guy. We just had different business opinions on how things should be done. He knows and I know and everybody over there (Golden Glory) knows...even the fighters. I don't give a s--- what they tweet, what they take pictures of or what they say. They f------ know exactly how it worked and we would not do it that way. Now if Bas Boon is saying that this is the way that we can do it, then we can absolutely positively make a deal and we can get this thing rolling again."

And, just in case there was any confusion, he makes his point once more:

"If they've changed their mind, we can absolutely make a deal and get their guys in the UFC."

It's been interesting to follow this story, which has now become, essentially, a very public contract negotiation, with both sides handling their negotiations through media outlets. With this last response, Dana puts the ball back in Golden Glory's court, basically calling them on the contract issue. It seems that if Dana will indeed have them back, it would be a wise move for Golden Glory to change their normal practices, as the upside of having fighters in the world's biggest MMA organization far outweighs the negatives of changing the gym's policy.

One thing you have to say for Golden Glory in all of this - regardless of the final outcome, they have definitely managed to increase the visibility of the gym in the US MMA market. And if United Glory is indeed expanding into the US market soon, that visibility could be a valuable asset.
TheWulf

Indlægaf a2zinck » 14. aug 2011, 14:16

Alistair Overeem not strictly released from Zuffa LLC., currently in a ‘negotiation period’

“Despite exercising its right to terminate the final fight on Alistair Overeem’s contract, Forza LLC, which operates Strikeforce and is a subsidiary of UFC’s parent company, Zuffa LLC, has not released the Strikeforce heavyweight champion.”

“Bas Boon, who represents Overeem through Dutch management firm Golden Glory, clarified to ESPN.com that the 31-year-old fighter is currently “in a negotiation period with Zuffa.” Boon declined to discuss details, though sources familiar with the arrangement between Overeem and Strikeforce explained the fighter is bound to exclusive and separate 120-day negotiation and matching periods with the Las Vegas-based promoter.”

“Zuffa, through a representative, declined to comment on Overeem’s contractual status.”
Brugeravatar
a2zinck

Indlægaf a2zinck » 14. aug 2011, 14:52

Overeem skrev:“It depends on many things. Bottom line, do I want to go to the UFC… yes. Do I need to go to the UFC… no. So I guess we’ll have to see what happens and see how much they want me. I’m in a good position where I have options and I’m a champion with other promotions. I like to stay active and fight often and to fight in the UFC it would mean I’d probably only fight twice a year. To give all of that up and make myself exclusive to one organisation I believe is worth something.”
Brugeravatar
a2zinck

Indlægaf TheWulf » 16. aug 2011, 16:00

Spændende :D

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/8/16/23 ... title-shot

The latest chapter in the Zuffa vs. Golden Glory discussion sounds like good news for fans of The Reem. According to both Overeem himself and Golden Glory head Bas Boon, Alistair Overeem has not in fact been cut from Strikeforce or stripped of the Heavyweight title.

Overeem sat down with MMA Bay to discuss this whole situation, saying that he is in a negotiation period with the UFC. He also added that he's ready to come to the UFC, and he wants an immediate shot at the Heavyweight title:

I am in an exclusive negotiation period [with the UFC]. If we can find common ground, we can work together, and if we can't, then we're going to depart. I want to fight in the UFC. They have the best guys, but it has to be at the right terms. So, we're just going to have to wait and see.
The dream for me is to directly fight for the UFC title. I already hold the other three titles--the Strikeforce, Dream and K-1 titles. Which other title is there? This fight would make me champion of all belts. That would interest me.

Here's Josh Gross at ESPN.com explaining the current situation with Overeem:

Despite exercising its right to terminate the final fight on Alistair Overeem's contract, Forza LLC, which operates Strikeforce and is a subsidiary of UFC's parent company, Zuffa LLC, has not released the Strikeforce heavyweight champion.

Bas Boon, who represents Overeem through Dutch management firm Golden Glory, clarified to ESPN.com that the 31-year-old fighter is currently "in a negotiation period with Zuffa." Boon declined to discuss details, though sources familiar with the arrangement between Overeem and Strikeforce explained the fighter is bound to exclusive and separate 120-day negotiation and matching periods with the Las Vegas-based promoter.

Zuffa, through a representative, declined to comment on Overeem's contractual status.

Gross goes on to explain that the Silva fight would have been the last on Overeem's current contract, and, despite Overeem being tied to a champion's clause, negotiations to extend that contract failed. This means that Alistair is now in this negotiation period, which could either mean his return to Zuffa, or simply be a formality before his official release.

Despite the positive talk from Overeem, the (former?) champion does say he is getting mixed messages from Zuffa, and complains that they are still not being entirely honest about their motivations behind cutting Valentijn Overeem, Jon Olav Einemo, and Marloes Coenen. Alistair states that all four of the fighters had in fact been paid directly by Zuffa for recent fights, so is unsure why this would suddenly become such an issue.

Finally, he announces that he has been pulled from the October United Glory card, and will not be fighting there. Overeem says it is because he won't be fully recovered from his injuries, but you have to wonder if his removal is in some part a show of good faith to Zuffa.

http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/2011/0 ... r-overeem/

Dana White continues to prove that he follows any and all MMA stories and forums, as the outspoken UFC President posted on The Underground forum, recently.
When conversation started concerning the signing of Alistair Overeem to a UFC contract, White was quick to disregard those talks.

"We are not even close to a deal with Alistair but we are working on it," White wrote.

Overeem was part of the Golden Glory quartet of fighters that were released due to problems with business dealings between the two sides.

Overeem's manager, Bas Boon, has come out and stated that he hopes to sign his star to an exclusive deal with Zuffa in the near future.
TheWulf

Indlægaf a2zinck » 28. aug 2011, 18:04

Dana White says negotiations with Alistair Overeem are ongoing, next fight could be in the octagon
D.W. skrev:“We’re talking. You guys know how that whole thing went down. Golden Glory was in this position where we couldn’t do business, and they changed their position, which I respect. Now we can do business.”

“We’re never going to be in a situation where we pay managers and not fighters. We pay fighters. Fighters pay managers. We’re never going to be in that situation, no matter who the guy is.”

“Look how many guys from team Black House fight in the UFC. If tomorrow, they said, ‘Hey, listen – you’ve got to pay us and not the fighters,’ we’re going to be in the same situation. It’s not going to happen.”
Brugeravatar
a2zinck

Indlægaf a2zinck » 30. aug 2011, 17:55

Shane Carwin reveals Alistair Overeem feels he’s close to signing with the UFC
Shane Carwin skrev:"I had a chance to speak with him (Overeem) at the Magic Convention in Las Vegas (no we were not the big and tall models) and he said that he and Dana were close to a deal and he would likely be in the UFC before 2012. I think he would make a great addition to the roster.

When I decided that I was going to try for the UFC the HWT division was not nearly as stacked as it is today. The up and coming guys have tons of talent and heart and the top of the division is full of super talented guys. I am excited about all of the potential fights. I have gone to war with many of these guys in my mind and I can’t wait for an opportunity to hit and be ht by them."
Brugeravatar
a2zinck

Indlægaf a2zinck » 5. sep 2011, 23:52

Exclusive: Alistair Overeem writes an exclusive contract with the UFC

Første kilde beretter om aftale med UFC. Fingers crossed. :thumbup:
Brugeravatar
a2zinck