An Unhappy Strasmas

Diskutér emner på tværs af forbund

An Unhappy Strasmas

Indlægaf jackky » 10. aug 2017, 11:00

If this was Strasmas, we've got coal within our stockings.
My friends just got married a month ago, moved into their new house together a week ago, and Air Jordan 10"NYC" they also did what any newlywed couple who met in college in Atlanta would do: they checked to see when Stephen Strasburg would make his next start from the Braves Tuesday, July 27, the calendar said and then they drove 4 hours to Washington to watch. I rushed home from try to meet them and go ahead and take stadium-bound Metro, that was packed to the gills with red-shirted and red-capped Nats fans, nearly all of them wearing some variation on Strasburg #37.
We joined the crimson sea of fans pouring in to the stadium, and took our seats at 7:04, just over time to determine the pitcher warming up. And merely over time to note that the cleanshaven Latino on the mound did Air Jordan 11Lab4"Black" not bear much resemblance to the 64, goateed Strasburg. Realization dawned on us all at the same time. There would be no Strasmas now. Hed felt sore during his warmup pitches just a few minutes before we arrived, and the team quietly yanked him. Nationals Park, that was filled by Air Jordan 6 GS"Valentines Day" 40,043 Strasburg-enrapt fans that night, echoed with boos of confusion and outrage.
The fill-in was Miguel Batista, a wry 39-year old, who understood the fans dismay: Imagine if you visit to determine Mi s Universe and also you end up having Mi s Iowa, you might get those kind of boos. But its OK, he told the AP. Mi s Iowa is putting it mildly: he hadnt started a game in two years, and has a career record of 96-110 as well Air Jordan 6"Champagne" as an ERA of four.53, in 16 seasons for eight different organizations. (The actual Mi s Iowa took the analogy in stride: It was a di s initially. But I believe that Ill handle that.)
Batista, somehow, then he led the last-place Nationals to victory within the first-place Braves. The sea of red quickly came over to his side as he quieted the Braves for five innings, and my Braves fan friends went from nonplu sed to depre sed. Its somehow more thrilling to look at a Air Jordan 11"72-10" phenom blow your team away with 100-mile an hour or so fastballs than to look at a geezer lull them to sleep with moxie and guile. If this Air Jordan 13 CP3 PE"Home" was Strasmas, we got coal within our stockings, my friends wife told him. Nats fans should have felt exactly the same way today, when they learned he was making his first trip to the DL. Still, on Tuesday night, the fireworks roared at the end of the sport, and Nats fans discovered a new type of Strasmas: the one where they win on the day that Strasburg didnt even pitch.
jackky

Graduering på forum
Graduering på forum

Har takket: 0 gang
Blevet takket: 0 gang

Tilbage til MMA Generelt