Pointsystem i UFC

The Ultimate Fighting Championship

Re: Pointsystem i UFC

Indlægaf Ryom » 31. aug 2010, 18:33

Jeg er faktisk enig. I mine øjne skal skade + submission attempts stå for største delen af pointene. Det er jo der det essentielle for mig ligger, hvem der har forsøgt på at afgøre kampen mest!
Der er ihvertfald nogle ting i mine øjne som ikke holder i det nuværende regelsæt, f.eks. octagon control. Det har jeg meget svært ved at vurdere, kan dommere tage stilling til om en kæmper formår at bruge hans fodarbejde således at han har bedst mulige præmisser i buret? Jeg tvivler.
En anden ting er aggresiviteten giver point, det holder heller ikke for mig personligt, der er jo tilfælde hvor aggresivitet kommer til at blive en ulempe og gå imod kæmperen.
Ryom

Graduering på forum
Graduering på forum

Geografisk sted: Aalborg
Har takket: 0 gang
Blevet takket: 0 gang
Favorit Fighter: Fedor, Velasquez, BJ Penn, Dominick Cruz

Indlægaf a2zinck » 7. sep 2010, 22:33

Dan Hardy:
Wrestling to avoid fighting is 'timidity' and is against the rules
-- stand 'em back up

The Outlaw skrev:"In interviews this week, I've been asked if another two losses in addition to my loss to George St-Pierre and Paul Daley's defeat to Josh Koscheck, shows that the Rough House needs to bring in new wrestling coaches in order to be successful in the UFC ... Rather than saying 'oh, these guys can't wrestle', I think the problem is there's beginning to be too much wrestling in UFC Octagon, not too little of it in the gym. There are a lot of people out there calling themselves 'UFC fighters' who are nothing of the kind. In the UFC, you should go for finishes. You should work for 15 minutes to knock your opponent out, submit him, or improve your position to give yourself the best chance of doing either. But there's guys out there who just want to use wrestling to hold a stalemate for 15 minutes, without ever risking going for ground and pounds or attempting submissions. This isn't 'cheating within the rules' – it is actually against the rules. 'Timidity' is outlawed in the Unified MMA rules and what better describes the act of holding on to an opponent and waiting for the clock to tick down with no attempt or inclination to do any damage? And that's not the same as saying all UFC bouts have to be kickboxing or Thai boxing matches in order to be entertaining. That's not what I am saying. One of the best fights of the year was George [Sotiropoulos] – who is a friend of mine and a guy I am tipping to win the Lightweight Title next year – beating Joe Stevenson at UFC 110 ... The Athletic Commissions need to look at the scoring and refereeing to stop this from becoming a problem. If a guy is in a dominant position, but not actually doing anything offensive – stand 'em back up. If he is consistently trying to tie the other guy up to avoid actual fighting – warn him and then start taking points. It is supposed to be a fight."

Kilde: MMAmania.com
Brugeravatar
a2zinck

Geografisk sted: Aarhus
Blevet takket: 1 gang
Favorit Fighter: Cigano, Baby Jay, Benson, The Spider

Indlægaf PerN » 8. sep 2010, 01:04

I forhold til albuerne er jeg ikke i tvivl, de skal være der syntes jeg, at fjerne dem vil give endnu flere fordele til bryderne...

Mht. til brydningen syntes jeg det er svært. At holde en mand til jorden, er for mig at se også et angreb. En god bryder, som konstant holder en nede tærer enormt på krafterne, kræver utrolig meget skill og kan i sidste ende udmatte en modstander så meget, at han groft sagt bliver forsvarsløs... på den anden side er jeg også lidt træt af, at brydning er ved at blive the end all game i MMA, men skal en martial art straffes fordi den ikke er publikums venlig?
Handler det ikke om at være den bedste, fremfor den mest spændende, ellers skal vi da ha nogen kung fu eller tae kwon do guys ind og flyve rundt og lave van damme agtige ting...

Måske man skulle genindføre, at der måtte nikkes skaller :D så ville bryderne nok overveje en ekstra gang at clinche med folk lol

Men noget man under alle omstændigheder kunne gøre var at uddanne domerne bedre, udstyre dem med monitors og i det mindste begynde at kigge, på de mange forslag til et andet system en 10 point must der efterhånden har set dagens lys
PerN

Graduering på forum
Graduering på forum

Geografisk sted: Odense
Favorit Fighter: Nate Diaz, Tyson, Buakaw Por Pramuk, Chuck L mf.

Indlægaf a2zinck » 28. sep 2010, 04:44

Brugeravatar
a2zinck

Skal der ændres i reglerne for MMA

Indlægaf gogoplata » 28. sep 2010, 20:26

Kan se denne artikel citeres i et andet emne om Greg Jackson. Moderator er velkommen til at slette dette ;)

Hvad mener i om disse punkter. Bør reglerne i fx. UFC, Strikeforce og WEC ændres? Eller er det fint som det er nu?
Her tænker jeg også på at komme tendensen hvor kæmpere går efter en point sejer frem for et finish.
Eller er det fair nok at folk bevidst udvikler en strategi der sikrer flest point og dermed en sejr.
Jeg syntes nogle af punkterne er lidt langt ude men kan godt li 2, 8 og til dels også 10 og 13.

Real MMA dying, this is the blueprint for revival

MMA is currently at a crossroads. Fights are lackluster, devoid of excitement due to stalling and the win at all costs objective that most fighters have adopted.

This is what the UFC absolutely has to do in order to reclaim credibility as a martial arts organization. I have tried to make my blueprint reasonable. for example, i like soccer kicks but didnt include them because there is basically zero chance this is possible in america's political climate.

Here they are:

1) Allow 4-point knees. This is simple. This enhances the ground action and is safer than elbows (causing less cuts)

2) Bonus for finishing fights for each individual fight, instead of giving FOTN bonuses or ko of the night bonuses. Give fighters a clear guaranteed incentive to finish their fights and they will.

3) Ban Elbows. Elbows are more nuisance then effective. They can cause serious gashes and cuts and can threaten a fighters career. Also they rarely end fights. there is a reason why pride had soccer kicks, stomps, 4 point knees but no elbows. pride was smart.

4) Make the cage smaller or adopt a ring. the cage is way too big, with no corners making it easier to stall and dance around in the ring. simply put it's way too big. The ring is awesome for both strikers and grapplers. Strikers can trap an opponent in the corner and tee off and grapplers are allowed to fight in a more open environment. also the ring has better visibility.

5) stop cutting fighters after a couple of losses. If japan ever adopted this mindset we would not see current stars such as Omigawa that have clearly improved to elite status with the right nurturing. Reward effort to fight, not just clear results. this will stop people from gaming victories thinking they are safe as long as they win.

6) get rid of the amateur production. It really is getting stale. Give the event more of a martial arts atmosphere. i'm not talking about takada in a diaper, but the production and visuals should represent more of the asian martial arts tradition as BJJ, MT, JUDo ae highly influential arts as well. Also, get rid of the heavy metal music, it's very unprofessional and low class.

7) Allow gis, wrestling shoes, banana tights etc. This is martial arts, not naked man humping. Gis simulate a real street situation as nobody fights in speedos. Also pride used them to great effect and gives the show more variety with different kinds of looks besides tribal tats, shaved heads and tapout beanies.

8) 10 minute first round. I can't stress this enough. Fighters have peak energy for the first 5-10 minutes of a fight. it is lame to stop them right when things get going. Also this would allow for more setups in the grappling aspect as in the usual ufc fight it is like 2 minutes of dancing, 1 minute of attempts and then finally at the 4th minute someone get a takedown and tries to work for someting and bam the round is over. lame. 10 minute first round would provide continous flow of action when it counts the most.

9) get rid of boxing judges and boxing affiliated athletic commissions. We need commissions and oversight but they would be built from the ground up with MMA in mind, not adpated boxing standards. It is ridiculous how guys like cecil people can judge fights when they clearly don't understand what's going on.

10) Judge fights as a whole, and not round by round. Clearly this is just not a good way to judge fights as this gives fighters incentive just to win rounds by lnp or wall n stall. effort to finish the fight should be rewarded and fighters that finish stronger should be reward as well.

11)Stop planning fights so far in advance. Shorter notice is better as it allows for more flexibility in providing entertaining matchups. Shorter notice means less time to fully study an opponent and allows fighters to rely on their natural instincts and skills. this prevents "gaming" victories and nullifying the action by each knowing each other's strengths too well.

12) CUT DOWN THE NUMBER OF EVENTS. MMA was good with pride because they had an event that could be built up every 2-3 months, with BUSHIDO filling in that void when pride was building another card. MMA needs to have more quality and less quantity. They need to integrate the WEC and UFC more and provide more matches through all weight classes, higher quality matches. You lose the excitement when there are events every 2 weeks. UFC's job is supposed to showcase the best and most talented. They should allow smaller mma orgs to exist to provide feeder fighters.

13) Disallow excessive weight cutting with same day weigh ins, or a reweigh in on the day of the fight with 2% wiggle room. Fights like Tibau and Uno should not be happening. guys that naturally weigh 190 should not be fighting at 155. Weight classes are instituted for a reason and i want to see guys of equal weight fighting each other in a contest of skill.

14) Institute divisional ranking system to give fighters a clear level of where they stand in their respective division. Title fights will be more meaningful and it would prevent fighters from getting undeserved title shots. Shooto has just such a system and it works very well.

15) Stop plugging products and movies right before fights or before a replay. this gives the viewer an impression of cheapness. martial arts should be about honor and pride. I do not want to be inundated with saw 3 cms and pick your favorite xyience girl when i paid 50 bucks for a ppv.

16) More International talent. There is a lot of great intl talent, esp. in the lighter weight divisions. Stop fielding a few token intl fighters and begin to make it evenly mixed mostly between brazil, usa, japan and europe. This will add to excitement and country rivalries. UFC tends to have a preference for cornfed fighters from the commonwealth. this needs to change. (credit to jons forsberg for reminding me of this critical point)

17) stop petty squabbles with fighters and other oganization. Be open to the idea of co-promotion at certain times when it helps the sport grow as a whole. Pride and k1 copromoted. k1 and strikeforce do so currently. Pride regularly released fighters to fight in other orgs or back and forth between the ufc and pride. Dana needs to adopt a more open mindset which will help the UFC more in the end. Pride didn't lose any fighters with their open policy, instead it enhanced interest in their fighters.

Lower Priority:

1) yellow cards to enhance the flow of action but they should be administered in a fair and rational way. each yellow card issued will result in a 10% deduction in the fight purse.

2) Soccer kicks greatly enhances the flow of action between ground and standing positions. Disallows turtling and other cheap stalling tactics. Great example of this was when pride instituted these in pride 13, sakuraba's turtling no longer worked.

3) Ref cam and mic inside the ring. These would be welcome additions that would enhance the feel of the fight. for ref cams, we would have a "live" view for certain replays etc. that standard cameras do not catch. these could be implemented without any issues regarding the commissions.
"AAAAAND IT'S AAAAAAAL OVEEEEEEEEEERRRRrrrrrrrr.....!"
gogoplata

Graduering på forum
Graduering på forum

Indlægaf a2zinck » 29. sep 2010, 11:37

[Edit: Nyt emne sammenlagt med denne tråd]
Brugeravatar
a2zinck

Indlægaf a2zinck » 18. dec 2010, 08:50

Dana White doesn't think there needs to be any rule changes in MMA

Don White ser ingen grund til ændring af reglerne, men mener derimod, at uddannelse af dommere er vejen frem. Sidstnævnte kan man jo kun give ham ret i, men som vi tidligere har været inde på, så så jeg gerne, at man kiggede grundigt på dommernes bedømmelsegrundlag - jvf. de billige takedowns/octagon control vs. effektiv skade.
Brugeravatar
a2zinck

Indlægaf a2zinck » 16. jan 2011, 10:44

Nate Diaz is tired of 'ridiculous' scoring in MMA

Diaz skrev: "I think the scoring should be like, say a guy gets a takedown, it should count for a takedown for sure. What is a takedown in wrestling, two points? In a grappling match it's two points, so he gets a takedown. But if he takes you down and lands in your closed guard and gets punched in the head forty times, is he still ahead on points? If you're on top, you're winning, and I think it's ridiculous. ... There's round-winners and there's fighters. You know, but in order to be a good UFC fighter or cage fighter I guess I've got to learn how to win the rounds. You've got to not fight. That's what I'm saying. You've got to score. Apparently I've got to grab him and hold him, otherwise he'll just grab and hold me. Everybody is like, ‘you need to work on your wrestling. Maybe I don't need to work on my wrestling. Maybe I just need to do the wrestling and not the fighting."
Kilde: MMAmania.com
Brugeravatar
a2zinck

Indlægaf a2zinck » 17. apr 2011, 05:38

Ricardo Almeida makes the case for MMA judges to be former fighters following a spate of clangers
Ricardo Almeida skrev:“If there were more former fighters giving educational classes that showed how we need to judge this and how we need to judge that, it’ll be better. If it was a clean combination or a clean takedown, it scores higher, whereas now when the crowd screams it influences the judges. I think refs and judges need specific things they need to look at and the more they understand it. Everyone understands what is happening, but I think for someone who has actually been in there and understands the technical aspect is going to do a better job.”

“I’m not saying everyone who judges or refs has to be a fighter, but they should have to at least be practitioners. I think everyone should look at contributing to the future of the sport. The sport only grows when people with passion take the leadership positions and prove it. If people would treat MMA like their house and cleaned up, then there wouldn’t be as much trash in the house. My goal is to always be the change, in anything I want to see changed.”
Brugeravatar
a2zinck

Indlægaf a2zinck » 27. apr 2011, 01:57

UFC Requests Monitors for Judges at UFC 130

Det lyder sgu da som en glimrende idé. :thumbup:
Brugeravatar
a2zinck

Indlægaf graungaard » 27. apr 2011, 09:08

Helt enig.. det troede jeg fakkertalt allerede de havde... :thumbup: :thumbup:
Chuck Norris can kill 2 stones with 1 bird...
Brugeravatar
graungaard

Graduering på forum
Graduering på forum

Geografisk sted: Vejle
Favorit Fighter: Martin Kampmann. Ole B laursen

Indlægaf F.S.B. » 27. apr 2011, 09:45

Var der ikke noget med, at UFC - eller en anden promotion - på et tidspunkt havde stillet skærme op på dommerbordene, hvilket resulterede i at Keith Kizer blev rasende og krævede at de alle sammen blev taget ned?

Gik ud fra de allerede havde spurgt om lov og gjort det til en form for mærkesag; underligt hvis de først lige er kommet på den idé nu. Men bedre sent end aldrig, selvfølgelig. :)
Brugeravatar
F.S.B.

Graduering på forum
Graduering på forum

Geografisk sted: Ama'r
Favorit Fighter: Sakuraba, CM Punk

Indlægaf graungaard » 27. apr 2011, 12:54

Det var også lidt derfor jeg tænkte.. har de ikke det allerede??.. heheh
Chuck Norris can kill 2 stones with 1 bird...
Brugeravatar
graungaard

Graduering på forum
Graduering på forum

Geografisk sted: Vejle
Favorit Fighter: Martin Kampmann. Ole B laursen

Indlægaf a2zinck » 27. apr 2011, 14:39

Lad os håbe, at monitors afhjælper nogle af de brølere, som dommerstanden er notorisk for. Hvorvidt der er tale om inkompetence, aftalt spil, dårlige vilkår etc., så er det noget, som skal til livs, hvis sporten skal tages seriøst.
Brugeravatar
a2zinck

ForegåendeNæste

Tilbage til UFC